Well, she got me!
Some introspection was needed for this post - to discriminate between things I don't like (which are many), things I have strong opinions about (also many), and things I am judgmental about (which I thought were few).
I genuinely do believe in the each-to-his-own philosophy. I may not agree with or like your thinking and way of life, but I respect that it's your choice. I am also not a black and white person - I can usually see greys in everything. Given all this, I really did think I could call myself non-judgmental and mean it.
But having looked it up, I find that being judgmental means making a personal or moral assumption about a person on the basis of some action or characteristic. By that definition, my non-judgmental cover is completely blown.
So here's my list. I judge:
- Educated people who mix up words like 'your' and 'you're' or 'they're' and 'their' when they write. It would be different if they didn't know any better. But they do, and I assume it's because they're lazy and sloppy.
- People who write in sms mode - datz d ting i h8 d most. If you don't have the time to write to me in readable English, I'm sorry, I don't have the time to decode whatever it is you've written.
- Smokers of all denominations.
- Women whose only conversations are about what they made for breakfast and lunch, and what they're planning to make for dinner. I make unflattering though quite possibly mistaken assumptions about their intelligence.
- People who wear clothes that scream designer. This is an irrational one, but I just think they're shallow.
- People who think that mass mailing random forwards once in a while qualifies as staying in touch. I assume they are less than genuine (the people, not the forwards!). If any of my friends are reading this, of course I don't mean YOU, sweetie :-)
- Hypocrites (Um, what's that? The point above? I don't know what you're talking about!)
- People who take themselves too seriously. I immediately assume that they're not as good as they say they are. Which may be wrong, but hey, that's why it's judgmental.
This is an open tag. Go ahead, judge all you want.