Friday, March 16, 2007

Sleepy head

These days my main gripe is that Moppet just doesn't sleep enough (Enough for me, that is :-)

I don't know why she fights sleep so much. Her eyes get red and droopy. She gets cranky and clingy. But she WILL NOT sleep!

Putting her down for a nap is a battle of wits that can last upto an hour... and when she does nap, she's usually up in about 4o minutes.

But she's always in a much better mood for having had her nap, and wakes up all refreshed and ready to enjoy the rest of her day, so I continue to fight the good fight...

Anyway, for all my complaints about her wide awake ways, I've discovered I do have a few photos of her asleep. Here are some of my favorites:


Moppet, age 5 days, in thoughtful slumber - don't miss the little thumb under the chin!



Moppet, age 2 weeks, taking a siesta with her Papa



Moppet, age 5 weeks, not a care in the world!



Moppet, age 4 months, doing impression of a sleeping crab


Moppet, age 10 months, finally gives into sleep, but keeps her hold on my finger!

2 comments:

Bea said...

Ah, sleep. They want it, they need it, and they fight like heck to avoid it...

Tharini said...

Hold on to her nap thing for the next 3 years minimum. She'll need it and so will you. Loved the crabby pic. Cutie pie!