Saturday, March 17, 2007

Alladin and the Diaper Genie

Moppet hates nappy change time. The 2 minutes spent lying flat on her back while her nappy gets changed is 2 minutes NOT spent getting into mischief around the house, an unthinkable waste of time.

So every nappy change involves much twisting and kicking and howling on her part, and rising blood pressure on mine.

Until last week when we discovered Alladin.
A little board book which for some reason she finds most fascinating.

Now nappy changes are a dream! I plonk her down, hand her the book, and she leafs through it happily while I do what needs to be done. Then I pat her little butt and tell her we're done, and she drops the book and slides off the bed, ready to get back to the rest of her day!





I don't know why it works - but I'm not complaining! :-)

2 comments:

Rohini said...

Hi there! Recognised who you were from Moppet's Dad's picture. Welcome to blogworld.

You are lucky you figured out the diaper thing - at 22 months, Ayaan still drives me crazy with that.

Maggie said...

Thanks, Rohini! I only recently discovered how fascinating (and addictive!) this blogworld is. With nothing else having changed, my days have become far more interesting because I'm looking for and finding blog-worthy moments every day.

And yes, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Diaper Genie will continue to work his magic for a while!