Saturday, June 7, 2008

Week 39

The ticker says 14 days to go, and I have to admit to mixed feelings about Munch's impending arrival.

On the one hand, there is happy anticipation and nervous excitement about getting to finally meet the little one, to hold him, and to see Moppet's reaction. But there is also a sense of sadness, that this will probably be the last few days I ever get to feel that heartwarming sensation of a little person moving inside me. To lie down and cuddle with Moppet and hear her giggle as she feels Munch moving against her - "Ooh, baby's moving! Wansome more baby moving!"

I know, I tell her, I wansome more baby moving too. I have discovered, much to my own surprise, that I actually like being pregnant! Although certainly not as much as this lady, who's currently expecting her 18th (!!!) child.

No, I think I'm done after this one and that knowledge has helped me slow down and savour every moment of this pregnancy. With Moppet there was an underlying impatience all through the pregnancy and her babyhood. It was all about 'what next and when' and before I realised it, I had a 2 year old little girl in my life and only fuzzy memories of what it was like when she was a baby.

With Munch I'm not in such a rush... if anything it's the opposite. I want to slow everything down, let things happen when they will, how they will, and feel every moment of it.

So yes, there are only 14 days to go. But unlike with Moppet, if Munch decides he wants 20 days before he's ready to meet us, I'm not going to begrudge him that extra time. And if he decides 6 days is all he needs, well then, welcome little fella!

23 comments:

Mona said...

god, this is so exciting. it's started! :)
hugs and love!

Anonymous said...

I so so so agree with you - the second time round I wish to slow things down a bit......and yet I cant wait - for the wait to be over - to hold my lil Soni.....

SUR NOTES said...

i really enjoyed my pregnancy too - savouring the slowness, the baby moving and communicating... it was a magical discovery of all that my body was capable of...

and now i anxiously check your blog regularly as the d- day approaches.

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

Oh Maggie ... I could see my thoughts echo in this post. I felt exactly the same way while expecting Junior. The last few days were especially emotional, since I knew it was my last(??) chance of enjoying a baby within me :)
Here is wishing you a very Happy Delivery!

Just Like That said...

Awww, Maggie:-)it IS such an incomparable feeling to have that tiny little being moving and pushing and poking... :-)
Enjoy yourself, and happy delivery when it comes.

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

I know that feeling Maggie ! Oh boy 39 weeks huh. Am feeling jitters too.. It's a mixed bag, the impatience to see this baby, the anxiety over L&D, the excitement of the sibling's reaction..

Enjoy your last few days of being pregnant. And hey never say never, who knows you might end up doing this one more time ! *wink*

Mystic Margarita said...

Feeling a little person move around inside is such a heavenly feeling that it's only natural that you want to last as long as possible. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy :)

K 3 said...

Awww, so much closer - thats the real fun part - the anxious waiting, the last minute shopping! ;) Good luck and keep us updated!

Unknown said...

14 days to go!!! Is it normal for ME to be this excited? See all this talk of siblings is making me want to have a second baby already!!!

U take care of yrself...

Shobana said...

Oooo...I am excited for you. It is like waiting to read the last 2 pages of a really exciting novel. Enjoy the last leg of this pregnancy.

dipali said...

Aww Maggie- enjoy this tiny little window of time. All the best for a safe and comfortable ( insofar as is possible) delivery.

Swati said...

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST !!!

Anonymous said...

The countdown begins? All the very best to you!

mayitbe said...

Hey Maggie,
Have been following your blog for sometime,but delurking for the first time.So so understand your feelings.I am pregnant too(my first time though) and have more than a month to go for my due date,but already feel sad that there are just a few weeks left for me to enjoy the little ones movements inside me.

~nm said...

:)

Enjoy, have fun and be happy! :)

Anonymous said...

only 14 days to go!! wow!! cant wait to read a post on brand- new munch!!

Wunderyearz said...

Hey Maggie!
All the best to Welcome little Munch......Looking forward to hearing the lovely news of his arrival.

Savani said...

good luck, good luck! this is exciting!

Anonymous said...

Its been a year since I had Dlittle, I still miss the baby kicking inside me.
Good luck and all the best!

Boo said...

hi,
i have reading yr blogs for sometime now. wishing u all the best for a delivery!!!!!! have fun !!!

SUR NOTES said...

arrey, where did my comment go?

i am still waiting for my fedex package.

and an announcement on your blog. hope the husband/others know that they will have to do a guest post announcing baby munch.

take care- and wishing you a safe delivery.

bird's eye view said...

Mags - as someone who said never again the last time around, my advice is - never say 'never again'! But yes, isn't it an awesome feeling to have the baby move and kick inside you? I really missed it and found myself hankering after it, which may explain why I am where i am right now...but really enjoying the pregnancy - no worries, no restrictions...

PS. Back here after ages - have been traveling like mad. Keeping my fingers crossed for an easy delivery for you

Mala said...

Ha ha - read the last few lines of your post again :-)

Mala