Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wockabye baby

Suki has given me this hot pink Rockin' Girl Blogger award and I cannot tell you how wonderful that is because of all the people who could've given me this award, she is the most qualified. For one, she's a real teen, an age that I can barely remember. Two, she is wise beyond her years (how else would she have recognised my true girly rockingness?) and three, she really, really rocks.


So it's official people. In the words of Moppet (who has some trouble with her rs) Mama wocks! (Ok, it might sound like mamawask to some of you, but believe me, what she's saying is that I rock. I know because I'm her mommy and I'm telling you so.)

This award has done the rounds, and there have been a lot of deserving winners. I'm not sure if any of the bloggers I'm passing this award onto have already won it, but what the heck, a second one won't hurt, right?

I mean if you're already an Oscar-winning actor, and they give you another one what are you going to do? Say thanks, but I already have one? Of course not, you get up on stage and wave the bald headed little fella around, and thank your mummy and your daddy, oh and most of all you thank your peers (ahem, me!) for validating you.

So here are my wockin' girls:

Dotmom: She's brave, she's smart, she's cleverly funny. You don't get more rocking than that.

Fuzzy: She's the twin I was separated from at birth. Really.

Kiran: Don't let her claims of being overweight and over-the-hill fool you. She's just faahbulous, dahlings!

Boo: I don't know how old she really is, but 'girl' fits Boo perfectly, more than any other blogger I know. And of course, she rocks, so she just has to have this award.

Terri: Now Terri's Mom is probably going to go all Aamir Khan on me and give a lecture on how awards mean nothing, but I couldn't resist. She rocks. And so does Terri. (Ok, call it Rockin' Doggie Blogger if you like)

13 comments:

B o o said...

Gee Thanks! I really owe this to my mom and dad and....

And I am 29! Happy? Grrr.....

Swati said...

Lots of award coming your way ...congrats :)

Terri the terrific said...

Moppet's mom, why thank you! What a pleasant surprise. I'm not sure I even qualify for this award (with me being male and my mother being older than a girl) but I'll take credit whenever I can.

Timepass said...

Congrats MM..when is the treat??

Savani said...

gasp. gush. really?

Fuzzylogic said...

*Fighting back tears,snorting noisily into the tissue* Oh,you like me!you really really like me!!*blowing kisses to the crowd mwahaha and posing for pics while the crowd goes wild*

Thank you MM. Now how about cracking open the champagne for the awards we twins received?:)

Sukhaloka said...

Whoah, Moppet's Mama! Now that description of me brought a grin to my face at least as big as the one I had when I got the award! Thank you, thank you! :takes a bow:

Enjoy the award!
(and can I be the typical 18-year old and say "I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne"?)
:D
;)
:P

mnamma said...

Congrats MM! You rock :)

utbtkids said...

You go and wock Moppet's mom!

Anonymous said...

You sure rock :) congrats!

Maggie said...

Boo: 29?! That old?! I thought you were 12! :-p

Swati, Timepass, Mnamma, Utbtkids, Ddmom: Thank you!

Terri: For you - the rockin' doggie blogger award, for mom the other one.

Dotmom: Really.

Fuzz: Now that's exactly what I was about to suggest!

Suki: Of course, dear. Just come on over and we'll bring out the bubbly.

Unknown said...

*With tears streaming down her face* "I owe it all to you, my fabulous readers, without you....I would have been a non writer...." Bows and waves graciously to realise she has not waxed underarms...

Sue said...

Congratulations :)

The way this particular one has been passed around, I think we all pretty agree that we're all rockin' pretty hard.

Maybe we should have our own club or something.